We are a boutique design studio with the occasional need for a production designer. The ideal candidates are detail-oriented, fast-paced and team-driven. We are looking for experience in print and web work. You must have excellent knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign on the Mac platform, including the proper way to set up multi-page layouts and styles. You should enjoy a variety of work as no day will ever look the same. This is a freelance position, but you should be available during typical work hours.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Set up files for print and review proofs
- Attend presschecks
- Create new materials for clients using existing look and feel assets
- Resize banners and ads
- Revise work based on client feedback
- Juggle several projects while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Research stock photos for designers
- Retouch and color correct photos
- BFA in graphic design or similar
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Positive attitude and ability to work within a team
- Understanding of capabilities of browsers and design constraints on the Web including solid understanding of image optimization and compression
- Organized, dependable, resourceful and proactive nature
- Some design skills are a nice to have, but please understand our needs are primarily production-oriented.
- Illustration skills and knowledge of WordPress, HTML or CSS is a welcomed bonus.
Ready to apply?
If you live (or plan to live) in Austin, TX, email us your resume along with a url or PDF (no larger than 3MB) of work samples.
Please do not call us about open positions. We will contact candidates whose skills and experience meet our needs. Thanks!